Australian Enviro Services offers professional, efficient and safe asbestos removal and remediation in Sydney, across New South Wales, and across Australia.
Asbestos removal and disposal is a dangerous process and poses a serious public health risk if not dealt with correctly. Disturbing asbestos-containing material (ACM) can produce inhalable airborne asbestos fibres, causing harm not just to those in the site, but also to those nearby. That’s why the regulatory requirements for asbestos removal are so strict, stipulating a high degree of care whilst removing bonded and friable asbestos.
There are many different types of Asbestos. It is a naturally occurring mineral fibre that was previously used across a range of industries in Australia. Asbestos is known to have more than 3,000 applications worldwide. Australia has a long history with asbestos we were one of the highest users of asbestos per capita in the world until the mid 1980’s. This widespread use of asbestos has left a legacy of asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in our built environment. Typical places where asbestos can be found include, but are not limited to:
- Attic and wall insulation containing vermiculite
- Vinyl floor tiles and the backing on vinyl sheet flooring and adhesives
- Textured paint and patching compounds used on wall and ceilings
- Walls and floors around wood-burning stoves protected with asbestos paper, millboard, or cement sheets
- Hot water and steam pipes coated with asbestos material or covered with an asbestos blanket or tape
- Oil and coal furnaces and door gaskets with asbestos insulation
- Heat-resistant fabrics
- Asbestos fragments in the contaminated soil
AES is your team of qualified asbestos removal experts. We provide identification, containment, management and safe removal:
Talk to us about your project.
Our asbestos removal process
In addition to “suiting up’ and carrying out the actual asbestos removal, Australian Enviro Services will handle all of the associated aspects of your asbestos removal project:
Asbestos Removal Requirements
The serious nature of the health risks involved require the involvement of a specialist ACM removal contractor who can walk you through all the details of ACM removal and disposal, and ensure compliance with existing regulations. There are two main requirements before any asbestos removal and/or disposal works can occur from a site, and AES comply as follows.
Asbestos Removal Notification
First of all the relevant asbestos removal notification needs to be provided to the Commonwealth or relevant State regulatory organisation (i.e WorkSafe)
Asbestos Removal Control Plan
Prior to the commencement of licensed ACM removal works, an asbestos removal control plan (ARCP) must be prepared by the licensed asbestos removalist. The purpose of an ARCP is to identify the specific measures that will be in place during ACM removal works, to ensure workers and others won’t be it risk, and to guarantee that the ACM removal is carried out in a safe, well-planned manner. A comprehensive ARCP should include, but not be limited to such details as:
- Removal details – asbestos type, quantity and condition
- Consultation mechanism
- Timing of removal work
- Emergency planning
- Work area boundaries and barricades
- Electrical safety
- Personal protective equipment
- Air monitoring program
- Onsite management of removed ACM
- ACM removal method
- ACM removal tools and equipment
- Decontamination methods
- Disposal of ACM waste
Asbestos – Legislative Guidelines
The guidelines in Australia that covers asbestos management includes, but is not limited to:
- Safe Removal of Asbestos 2nd Edition [NOHSC: 2002 (2005)]
- Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in the Workplace [NOHSC:2018(2005)]
The safe removal of asbestos guidance provides advice for the safe removal of asbestos and ACM from buildings, structures, plant and equipment, and vehicles. It identifies legal obligations, and should be applied whenever any amount of asbestos or ACM is to be removed from a workplace.
It's vital that asbestos removal and remediation projects are done quickly, efficiently, and safely: Talk to AES about asbestos removal today.